Hoping to find some sort of direction on this issue… We are trying to gain control of a domain’s Cloudflare DNS settings from the previous website’s developer.
First off, just so it’s clear, the site’s DNS was initially set up, and continues to run on Cloudflare
To date, what’s happened:
- We set up a new account so client could manage their own DNS (rather than vicariously through a third party), and made the new DNS changes that were needing to be made
- Changed our Cloudflare DNS to a new pair of nameservers that were provided by Cloudflare
- Asked previous developer to remove the domain from their account, which they did 2 weeks ago
- Waited 7 days for the account to be removed from their account. We just assumed this to be the case based on documentation: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033554252-Removing-a-domain-from-Cloudflare
- Purged DNS settings many times during this process via Purge Everything button in Cloudflare dashboard
- Old DNS settings from the previous developer’s account are still being used, so as far as we can tell, Cloudflare is still giving priority to the previous developer’s DNS settings.
After all this, any ideas on how we might be able to gain complete control of this domain’s DNS? Submitted a support ticket a week ago but guessing the in-house support team is swamped, so it’d be great to get this sorted outside of their assistance if we can.
Thanks for your time and hopefully some ideas!