Gain access to main account

Hi

We were setup on cloudflare by our web developer, they are no longer with us and the person who set us up has left them.

So can I get full access to my domain? what hoops do we need to jump through

Thanks

Paul

Hi @paul.howard,

This is always an awkward situation. There are two possibilities.

1. The web developer used a separate Cloudflare account for your domain, hopefully on an email address you control.
    This is generally thought of as the best way to set Cloudflare up for clients, but unfortunately not all devs do this. If this is the case and the account is on one of your email addresses, you can just reset the password and gain access.
    You can use this form if you don’t know the email used:
    https://dash.cloudflare.com/forgot-email

2. The web developer added your domain to their Cloudflare account
    This is not a good scenario and is generally advised against, if this is what has been done, you will not be able to gain access to the account. You would need to create yourself a new Cloudflare account and move the domain there by changing the nameservers at your domain registrar. Note that this will not transfer over your Cloudflare settings and you would need to recreate these on the new account.

Can you guess which one we’re in… yep 2.

I have an account, ok cool thanks

Unfortunately, yes! That is an unfortunately common setup and there’s nothing you or Cloudflare can do, I’m afraid.

You will have to follow:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.