FTP/SFTP Setup Please help

I’ve been trying to set up FTP with Cloudflare and It’s very frustrating. I’ve put my Ip address for my host. It keeps saying “Could not connect to server”. I’ve been stressing about my website. I put so much time and energy into it. I really need these files. Please someon help.

Im currently using filezilla and i have the free histing paln with Cloudflare.

Cloudflare is not a hosting service. It provides web proxying services. As such it does not proxy FTP or SSH protocols. If the host name you are trying to connect to with FTP or SFTP is proxied :orange:, you will not be able to connect to it. You need to turn off the proxy :grey: to connect with FTP or SFTP.

You may be able to use an alternate host name (eg. ftp.example.com) pointed to the same origin IP and set it to unproxied :grey:, but how your origin server handles that is out of Cloudflare’s control.

Really? Where can I get my previous web files from? I got my domain from Godaddy, I thought Cloudflare was free hosting so I signed up with them, and now I’ve transfered my domain from Godaddy to dreamhost. The website I currently have is blank. I don’t know what to do :pensive:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.