Ftp not working please Help

Hi
After linking my site to the service, FTP does not work
When the site is checked by the host to solve the problem
The following message appeared:

Recursive Queries I could use the nameservers listed below to performe recursive queries. It may be that I am wrong but the chances of that are low. You should not have nameservers that allow recursive queries as this will allow almost anyone to use your nameservers and can cause problems. Problem record(s) are:

You can’t FTP to a hostname that’s set to :orange:. Your best bet is to FTP directly to the IP address of your web host’s server.

The color was changed to gray on the FTP but the problem was not solved

If you just now changed it to :grey:, it takes about 5 minutes for that change to propagate.

Have you tried just using the IP address itself?

Gray has been changed for 24 hours or more

Do you mean the IP address of the hosting?
Yes I tried

Noticeable
The service was disconnected from the site and DNS was re-hosted to the domain board
but the problem has not been solved either

Contact your host and ask why you can’t FTP to your IP address.

I have contacted them, and this was the response…

Recursive Queries I could use the nameservers listed below to performe recursive queries. It may be that I am wrong but the chances of that are low. You should not have nameservers that allow recursive queries as this will allow almost anyone to use your nameservers and can cause problems. Problem record(s) are:

Sorry for the inconvenience

That has nothing to do with FTPing directly to an IP address.

Thank you my dear
I’ll talk to them again,

1 Like

Make sure the “server” you’re trying to connect to is indeed ftp.example.com, and not the regular domain.

This is always a good sign to hear from hosting comapnies :wink:

As for the actual message, it’s not related to this FTP issue/question, and since Cloudflare runs the nameserver there is nothing that would impact the security of your site.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.