Freenom Domain impossible to add to Cloudflare

Hi there,

I’ve seen other users have trouble adding a Freenom site to Cloudflare.

I have researched and tested things and have come to the conclusion that it is currently impossible to add the Freenom domains because its do not allow WHOIS and do not support TLDs.

I just did a WHOIS of my domain on my Linux machine and it throws me TIMEOUT!

I tried doing the WHOIS over the web and got the following:

Failed to perform lookup using WHOIS service: TLD_NOT_SUPPORTED

On the Freenom page they report that the free domains .TK, .GA, .ML and .CF support TDL (but in fact today I don’t see that to be true).

I have sent an email to Freenom, but from my own experience they take a long time to respond (at least to free users like me).

Anyone know any solution for this problem?

Otherwise, they know of an alternative to Freenom, unfortunately I am unemployed and I do not have even $ 1 to buy a domain.

My apologies for my bad English, I speak Spanish.

All the best,
Juan

That domain is registered under a TLD which is governed by the Freenom registry. Freenom currently experiences issues with their Whois service which prevents such domains from being added to Cloudflare. Freenom needs to fix that on their side. Unfortunately there is no ETA known for that.

It probably is best to register a proper domain instead. They already go for less than $10 a year.

2 Likes

Hi @sandro, do you know any alternative to freenom to have a free domain, as I mentioned I am unemployed and I cannot buy one.
I need a free domain that is not associated with a specific hosting, I already have a free account on Amazon Cloud.
All the best,
Juan

There might be other such domains, but I am afraid that’s a tad off-topic for the forum here.

I understand that being unemployed can mean a tight budget, but how come 76 cents a month are an issue?

Sorry for the off topic. :blush:
Could you share with me by PM the web where I can buy it for that price?
Very kind and my apologies again.

Some of us like Porkbun. They have a handful of domains on sale for registrations. 99¢ for .xyz, and $9/year after that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.