(Free Cloudflare Shirt) - Question of the Week- Have you tried Cloudflare's Super Bot Fight Mode?

Have you tried Super Bot Fight Mode?

Make a quick video showing us an overview of Cloudflare’s Super Bot Fight Mode. Post the video on any social media platform tag use, and drop the link here. The first 5 people to do this will receive a free Cloudflare t-shirt!

• Yes
  • No
  • What is that?

0 voters

Get a free Cloudflare shirt, by answering the above question!

"Most" Questions of the Week

Show Us Why
Answer Questions of the Week with a link to a simple video, it can be a screen recording highlighting the feature, a tutorial of a function you find most useful, or even a video of yourself. Once you submit your video, tell us about it on the question to receive a custom community Cloudflare badge.

About Question of The Week
Weeks may come and go, but we never get tired of finding out how you answer the Question of the Week. See questions from previous weeks, tell us what you think, and share your video to earn your own Content Creator badge!

Get the Most Out of your Cloudflare Account
With the Cloudflare Pro plan, you receive upgraded DDoS Mitigation, CDN, DNS, Shared SSL certificates absolutely free. The Pro plan also features our one-click bot mitigation, advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF) with 20 Page Rules, lossless image optimization, automatic mobile optimization, extended security analytics, and much more. Take your professional website to the next level with Cloudflare Pro.

Cloudflare Content Creators Badge:
ccbadge

View Content Creator Badge Winners

I personally don’t use any of the settings to block the traffic, I do however look over the analytics for details surrounding what bots are accessing my domain and the paths they are looking at.

Comes in handy to see how many requests our monitoring and other systems send.

2 Likes

That’d be awesome if Super Bot Fight modes would have a Log Only option so I can just add offenders to a firewall rule. But only because SBFM can’t be bypassed by any other settings.

3 Likes

The super on the naming gives no room for chilling; the protection is unstoppable now.

Jokes aside, I had tried it for some minutes before I realized it broke all the websites I administrate. It would be many times better if the SBFM were a paid addon that we could tune upon our needs, similar to a capped version of bot management.

2 Likes

Yes.

Am I using it?

No, because of where it is positioned in the stack, and the inflexibility it imposes.

1 Like

Tried it, it’s terribly slowing down the pages of the site, its script

I have seen many critics of SBFM; however, slowness is a bit odd. As far as I know, the script it injects is somewhere around 8KB.

If you have time, I’d consider making a thread about it so that the community/Cloudflare can inspect the issue.

1 Like

Super BOT fight mode is amazing