Forwarding URL works for one site but not others

I need to redirect several URLs to a new site that will have pages that replace the old sites. I don’t care if the URL is masked or not. As a cost saving measure we want to get rid of all the old sites and host their content on one big combined site. For example:

• Oldsite(dot)com redirects to NewSite(dot)com/Sub/NewPage
  • Oldsite2(dot)com redirects to NewSite(dot)com/Sub/NewPage2
  • Oldsite3(dot)com redirects to NewSite(dot)com/Sub/NewPage3
  • and so on.

I have one redirect working exactly as I want. However, when I try the same process for any of the other sites they don’t work. I know I’m following the exact steps I used for the one that works (quadruple checked). I have no idea why they aren’t working.

Well, #tutorial has a couple of tutorials on that, however you seem to want to redirect to specific addresses, so it might not be fully applicable.

Post a screenshot of what you have configured and the domains you want to redirect.

This is the one that is working. All of the A records are proxied.

I will have 11 total, but I’ve only tried it on these 5

Please post them as text.

gastroenterologycenterofsalem
neurologycenterofsalem
pediatriccarecenterofcolumbiana
damascusprimarycare

won’t let me add the (dot)com

They all seem to be properly configured and damascusprimarycare.com properly redirects.

$ curl -I http://damascusprimarycare.com
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://www.srmc-medgroup.com/practice/primcare-damascus

As long as you have the same page rule for all other domains, that should work just fine.

damscusprimarycare is not working for me.

As evident from the output I posted, it is working fine. The redirect is there.

www.damascusprimarycare.com isn’t working, for that you need to adjust your page rule and you best follow the mentioned tutorial at #tutorial.

I’ve added a new rule to damascusprimarycare with the www and it’s not working for me it goes to the old site instead of the new page that looks like the attached screenshot

You don’t need another page rule, you can cover that all with the existing one, you just need to adjust the hostname. Did you follow the tutorial?

The redirect itself seems to be working however as your screenshot shows the correct URL.

I followed the one titled: Redirecting One Domain to Another. Is that the one you’re referring to?

Yes, that’s the right one. If you set up your page rule exactly as shown there, it will work out-of-the-box.

I will go through it again tomorrow. I have to clock out for the day. Thank you for your help. I’ll let you know when I try again.

No worries, just make sure it follows the very same syntax, including the asterisk, and it should work.

These were working when I came back in today. I think I just needed to wait for the DNS changes to propagate. I was worried because the one started working almost immediately. Thank you for your help. I guess I just needed to be patient.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.