Forwarding from www. to my non-www

Hi all,

I have a problem with my website. I’ve created a rule to do the redirect from my www website to my non-www.

The agency that is managing the cloudflare account did this:

and is not working.

how can i fix this problem, because if i go on www.my.trapo.asia i have an error: This site can’t be reached.

Thank you!

That is not a forwarding issue but a certificate issue. Cloudflare does not support a host on such a deep level with their free universal certificates. You will need ot purchase a $10/month dedicated certificate from Cloudflare if you want to support that host.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but “my” is your subdomain, so wouldn’t it be a redirect from www.trapo.asia to my.trapo.asia?

Yes it’s a subdomain. I want to redirect the www.my.trapo.asia to my.trapo.asia. If you’re going to www.my.trapo.asia you will that it says that the page doesn’t exist.

As far as I know, but don’t access to the account, the agency is paying for the cloudflare account.

My guess would be that you don’t have a DNS record for “www.my” (or whatever you need when there are 2 parts to the subdomain - not something I’ve done before) and that’s why you’re getting the error.

You dont need to pay for the account, you need to have a dedicated certificate. Do you have such one?

And yes, there is no DNS record either, but even if you add it it wont work for aforementioned reason.

Thanks for the reply. Is there any solution here to solve this problem? Some steps to forward to the agency?

Also, create the DNS record.

Before paying for a new certificate, do you have any evidence that people are trying to access www.my.trapo.asia?

Well is hard to track since is not working. Is more about a usability feature.

Well, have you implemented what was mentioned?

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.