Forwarding domain from cloudflare to smugmug

I followed the steps to redirect my domain to my smugmug domain but when I type in my domain into a web bar I get this message

This site can’t be reached

laurastansfieldphotography.c*om’s server IP address could not be found.

Try:

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Can you send the guide/steps you followed?

Hi Arunesh, my assistant simply followed the steps under Bulk Forwarding to create a 302 (because we are creating an actual website in December). She believes there’s a step missing that has to do with DNS records or an A or AAAA?

@laurastansfieldphoto

Well, yeah. A record is missing.

She also created a rule, using these steps:

1. Log into your Cloudflare account.
  2. Click the appropriate Cloudflare account for the domain where you want to add URL forwarding.
  3. Go to Rules > Page Rules.
  4. Under Page Rules, click Create Page Rule. The Create Page Rule for dialog opens.
  5. Under If the URL matches, enter the URL or URL pattern that should match the rule.
  6. In Pick a Setting, choose Forwarding URL from the drop-down menu.
  7. For Select status code, choose 301 (Permanent Redirect) or 302 (Temporary Redirect).
  8. Enter the destination URL.
  9. To finish, click Save and Deploy.

We are struggling with how to write an A, AAAA, or CNAME.

But I found an article that says if you are only using Cloudflare for a DNS (our website is not live yet), then Page Rules won’t apply. Does this sound right?

@laurastansfieldphoto

Rules apply if you have a domain managed at the Cloudflare which is active & running (if I’m not wrong). In your case, its active seems to be. However, your records are not yet set.

Check this out:

Use a dummy IP as demonstrated in this section omf the Cloudflare Docs.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.