Form submission keeps posting days later

I had someone filn in a form that was submitted and his data written to the server.
He did his initial submission on the 18th, his information gets written into a databse at time of submission.

Yesterday there was another submission of the SAME information.
Today there were 2 more.

All have cloudflare ips logged as the source, but the person swears he did nothings the 18th, and he is not resubmitting his information, so why is his stuff being written into a db 3 additional times 4-5 days later?

This has been happening sporadically with other form submissions over the past few months.

Why this one persons info keeps showing up to be written into the db is puzzling. I can’t find any pattern. Why him and not others?? Therevwere othewr forms submitted on the 18th, but his is the only only one since then to appear over and over again.

Thoughts???

Do you have any Page Rules that change any Cache settings?

No page rules setup at all.

Simple free account at the moment, was going to move it into a paid account with some additional features enabled in the next few weeks or o.

What’s the URL of the form?

I’d rather not post it publicly, any way to avoid that?

You’d have to open a Support Ticket with that information.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you cannot login, email [email protected] from the email address on your account. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

I’ll do that again. When I initially did a support ticket when this was first surfacing they gave me a very generic answer that didn’t solve anything and pointed me to this board to post the issue. This issue surfaced again last few days so I came on here.

Are the responses with a support ticket different if I have a Pro Plan vs a free one?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I have users fill in a form, and their submission gets written to our db on the server for a later response.

In some cases their form submission “reappears” and gets written into the db a 2nd or 3rd time, always from a different Cloudfare ip. They are NOT resubmitting. We’ve reached out to a few of them.

Today we’re hearing of auto responses that get sent after a form is filled out and submitted also reappearing in the original submitters email inbox, days or weeks later.

I have Page Rules bypassing the cache on the 3 form pages where this is happening, but it still seems to occur, again no way to see a pattern or recreate the issue because it somewhat random.

No pattern as to who, where or what time etc. All of the individuals filling in the form are US based.

Any one else experience something like this??

Any thoughts on what else to try??

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.