Forget name and password

my website is ‘parked’ on the Dutch company versio. I use cloudflare for the name server: cruz.ns.cloudflare.com and ray.ns.cloudflare.com
My problem is: I forgot under which name and password I have registered with cloudflare.How can I get these things back?
Need your help.
Regards,
Luc

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you lost your credentials. Unfortunately, there aren’t many options due to our strict security policy.

If you are using Cloudflare directly, you could either:

• Reset your password and/or request a two-factor authentication reset, if you know which email address you have used to sign in with, or
  • Create a new Cloudflare account, add your zone there, and set all the settings you need again prior to the requested nameserver change.

If you are using Cloudflare through a partner, you’d unfortunately need to contact them to restore your credentials, as we don’t have any information about any login credentials used for third-parties.

All the best,
Tom

2 Likes

I thank you Tom for your quick answer. I go for the second option because I don’t remember which email address I used. So I will receive a new cruz.ns.cloudflare and ray.ns.cloudflare.com I guess which I will have to use for my website on the provider Versio.nl
Is that correct?
Kind regards and thank you!!!

By the way Tom, I have a website that is no longer existing. Can I delete it from CloudFlare (how?)
Thank you!
Luc

I guess which I will have to use for my website on the provider Versio.nl

This is correct.

Can I delete it from CloudFlare (how?)

Domains that are inactive and no longer pointing to your nameservers are removed from Cloudflare automatically. You don’t have to worry about this :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your answer Tom, I’m really pleased.
Kind regards,
Luc

I made a new account on cloudflare for voc-districhamp and changed the name server to the new given dns: aliza.ns.cloudflare.com and donald.ns.cloudflare.com and in the mean time I received an email saying " Congratulations! You have successfully activated voc-districhamp.be". But now when I want to see my website I have this: Error 1000: If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for voc-districhamp.be to resolve to a different IP address.

Please help, how do I do that?

You put Cloudflare IP addresses in for your website. I suggest you delete all AAAA records, and then use only one “A” record for ‘www’ and the voc domain. I bet the IP address should be the same as the FTP IP address.

And you need to unproxy :grey: the first four records, as FTP/POP/IMAP/SMTP won’t work if they’re set to :orange:.

When I want to delete A voc-districhamp 172.67.153.162 I have a remark (see the red attachment )

The same if I want to delete AAAA

I hope that’s just a temporary glitch. Try the usual: Clear browser data/cache/cookies, use Incognito Mode, or a different browser.

like this?

Will it take a while? Now if I go to my website voc-districhamp.be I have this:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Those records look better. To continue troubleshooting, use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview page (lower right corner). Then give it five minutes to take effect.

Then make sure your site is working with HTTPS before you Un-Pause Cloudflare.

Did that and I’ll wait 5’ now. Thank you. Is this also the reason my email address [email protected] is not working anymore? I (suddenly) have to fill in my password now, but it’s not correct although I know it is correct.
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 17.11.15

That’s probably because the record was proxied. The mail app won’t even be able to connect to the :orange: server, so that error message isn’t very informative.

What exactly do you mean sdayman? What can I do to solve this?
Btw: the website after 10’: Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

shall I wait longer?

still no website. When I put in voc-districhamp.be I receive this: Apache is functioning normally. Shall I leave ‘Pause Cloudflare on Site’?

Your site does not look like it’s Paused. It still resolves to Cloudflare IP addresses instead of the ones on your DNS page.

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 17.55.40

is this correct?

this is on the provider: