Almost every time I load https://184.108.40.206/help I get a different result. Most of the times it does not show me connected to 220.127.116.11, even though I most certainly am.
I am using 18.104.22.168 solely via DNS over HTTPS with both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity.
Result 1 results in “no connectivity to 22.214.171.124 and no DoH” even though the AS number clearly shows Cloudflare.
Result 2 shows that I am connected to 126.96.36.199 via DNS over HTTPS, however I am not actually connected to 188.8.131.52 huh? AS number is also still Cloudflare.
Result 3 shows the correct and expected result with a connection to 184.108.40.206, using DoH.
Could this be looked into?
Each of those is a separate lookup + fetch, so it can be inconsistent if you have a DoH fallback configured in the browser/service you’re using, or if you have something in between the browser and 220.127.116.11. You should be able to see from the web developer tools which assets are not loading.
I have no fallback resolver nor is there any relay happening. It also happens on WARP on my phone or when using normal DNS. “Connected to 18.104.22.168” often just says No.
I noticed that the request to
https://91864fe0-d133-42e4-8938-1385c92417eb.is-cf.help.every1dns.net/resolvertest times out, so the result will be No.
Opening the page in the browser shows this on first try:
Refreshing the page shows “1”, which should be the first expected response.
Thanks that’s super helpful, the name does resolve but seems like something is going on with the website. I’m not able to reproduce it so it might be local. Let me add a ticket to track this.
Have been experiencing the same issue for a while now. If I do a test I have to run about 5 or 6 times to get a decent result. Every time seems that some of the checks just fail. I.e. can be connected via WARP o the desktop, can see the DNS queries passing over DoH or WARP in the log, however website will say No to everything (including connected to 22.214.171.124) - Few refreshes later and it seems to be correct.
Hi @milk and @hdsnf723, we’ve made some changes recently, can you check if the issue still exist on your side? Thanks.
Wow, the check is now very fast! Before it used to hang for 5-10 seconds on “Checking…”, now it’s near instant.
“Connected to 126.96.36.199” now always seems to be correct, which is great. I did notice, however, that when using WARP, it shows that I’m using DoH and not WARP. Furthermore, when on an IPv4 only connection, it shows that there is a connection to the IPv6 addresses – which is impossible.
I noticed that the IPv6 test is being cached from disk sometimes:
This half IPv6 result
happened to me after being on an IPv6 network, running the test, connecting to an IPv4-only network and re-running the test. There also seems to be a
header present on the
resource, perhaps changing this to
Cache-Control: no-store, max-age=0
will fix the issue. @anb
Oops, my bad. I was experimenting with different settings and switched on DNS over HTTPS instead of DNS over WARP in the 188.8.131.52 app. That’s why DoH was showing on the debug page, and not DoWARP when using WARP. Understandable, but I would find it more logical to have DoHTTPS and DoWARP both marked as Yes when using DoH over WARP. So the debug page has at least one indicator that WARP is working correctly, even when using a different DNS transport.
I see the
Cache-Control: no-store header has been added now. The test now consistently works correctly even on a soft refresh, great! I suppose this is now resolved.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.