Firewall Rule to allow Googlebot

I am challenging traffic from certain countries and think this may be stopping Googlebot accessing my sitemap.

What Firewall rule do I need to set to allow Googlebot (and other good bots)?

You can add a “Known Bots” condition to your Firewall Rule. Without knowing your current syntax, I can’t tell you if Known Bots should be on (a match) or off.

1 Like

I have one rule at the moment:

(ip.geoip.country eq “RU”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “CN”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “US”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “UA”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “BR”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “IN”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “PK”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “IE”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “LU”) or (ip.geoip.continent eq “AF”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “DE”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “PL”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “BR”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “SG”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “TR”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “JP”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “CA”) or (ip.geoip.country eq “FR”)
Then…
Choose an action
JS Challenge

The following expression will match that country list, but not match if the request is from a Known Bot:

(ip.geoip.country in {"RU" "CN" "US" "UA" "BR" "IN" "PK" "IE" "LU" "AF" "DE" "PL" "BR" "SG" "TR" "JP" "CA" "FR"} and not cf.client.bot)

2 Likes

That looks a lot neater than the rule I created but I don’t know how to create one like that. I am using Country Equal then Or for the next one.

How can I create such a rule with not cf.client bot on the end?

The list uses the is in operator.

2 Likes

Thank you both so much.

Rule is a lot neater AND my sitemap can be read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.