Firewall blocking is not working

There’s a spam redirect to my site and I’m trying to block it using firewall rules but it’s not working. I’m attaching a screenshot of what I did. I use wordfence plugin on my site.

Spammy sub domain: https://abc.example.com and is using Cloudflare.
Kindly help me. Thank you.

Hi,

It is difficult to say as we are only seeing one small part of the information needed to understand why this could not be working.

Are you seeing these requests with this referer on Cloudflare analytics or on your origin server access logs? What I’m trying to determine here is the request passing through Cloudflare or is it going directly to your origin.

I see you are using referer in your firewall rule, have you confirmed on your origin access logs/Cloudflare’s dashboard that this string matches the referer you are trying to block?

Do you have any conflicting rules (eg. Custom + IP Access Rules) that may be allowing traffic and taking priority over this rule.

This is where I would start is looking at these things.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

The spam domain is using Cloudflare and it is redirected to my site.
I found this redirection when I was looking at links in the Google Search console.
“I see you are using referer in your firewall rule, have you confirmed on your origin access logs/Cloudflare’s dashboard that this string matches the referer you are trying to block?”

Yes, it’s matching.
I’m not using any rules except this one.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

It’s difficult to say, without being able to look at the configuration - but if you willing to share your domain - I can take a look on our side.

regards,
Damian

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.