Filling out abuse form - says URL contains a domain not active

Hello, I need some help. Trying to find out if Cloudflare supports this website - {redacted}? I need some help from Cloudflare support on this site as their admin never respond to emails. Thanks

Cloudflare Support cannot assist you in getting in contact with the site owner, best course of action is the abuse form if you believe a site is hosting illegal content. When you enter the url, if you enter example.com, you’ll get an error saying it’s not a url, if you enter the url instead of the domain name, http://example.com, the form accepts the input.

Thanks. I have tried to enter http: but it still wont let me submit.

Sorry for the ongoing issues, I was able to start each of the various types of abuse reports using the url, but did not submit, so perhaps the error occurs when you submit?

As an alternative, if you contact Support with the details and ask them to escalate the ticket to Trust & Safety, it will reach the team. You can share a ticket number here and I can follow-up, once it moves to T&S, I no longer will have visibility into the ticket.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you’re unable to submit via the Support form, please email the details to support AT cloudflare DOT com. You’ll receive a reply with a ticket number to share here and I’ll escalate it to T&S. Any time you receive an email indicating it’s an automatic reply, please respond back and indicate you’d like the ticket escalated.

If the site isn’t being proxied by Cloudflare it will return that response. Are you sure the IP address of the website in question is a Cloudflare one?

I believe it is. This is what I found using whois

Name Servers:

art.ns.cloudflare.com
mary.ns.cloudflare.com

maybe you can tell me for sure?

Thanks for all of your help,

Keith

Art & Mary are what I show as well, in looking internally it appears the site was added, purged, added purged, added and deleted. While the nameservers are pointing to Cloudflare, it’s not active and ping does not return cloudflare IPs.

Ok thanks. Do you know who I would contact?
I have reached out to OVH abuse as another potential solution.

Thanks very much

{pii redacted}

You could continue with the path of emailing support and I can escalate to Trust & Safety. But, I suspect the T&S folks will see the site as not active as it was last purged years ago. At that point, they will be unable to take the information further. As @cscharff mentioned, the site is not being proxied by cloudflare/the IP being returned is not a cf IP.

I have another question. When I look at the whois site, it says the registrar is namecheap, inc. Would the registrar be of help of is it more of the server question?

Thanks

I suspect the only organization that could act on a legal take down of a site is the hosting provider. I’m not well versed in the terms of service/violations of terms of service for owning a domain.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.