Feedback for Browser VNC

We launched support for Browser Rendered VNC this week. The session is connected by Argo Tunnel and protected by Cloudflare Access, but only takes a single click for an end user and requires no additional configuration.

How can I get started?

How can I send feedback?
We need your feedback! We’re using this thread to collect feedback and answer questions about this new feature. We’re excited to announce a new feature in Cloudflare for Teams.

3 Likes

I setup Browser VNC with TightVNC as server (Windows). However, when using browser VNC, I can’t see my mouse pointer. Otherwise, I have no other issue.

2 Likes

Ok. I have a solution to the no mouse pointer problem:
Why is my mouse/cursor shown as a small dot when connecting to VNC Server running on Windows? – RealVNC Help Center

1 Like

Is it possible to make it work out of the box with Raspberry PI’s built in RealVNC server and authentication? It works, but only if you downgrade the security per these instructions:

I’m trying to integrate Browser VNC with DELL iDRAC. I had no luck so far. All I got is a black screen. I can confirm the iDRAC VNC works with a client.

I did a packet capture and can confirm that mouse movement and keyboard input are successfully transmitted.

Hi Northern!

Could you check if there are any browser console error logs? That could indicate an error in the rendering. If not, it might be related to the VNC server itself.

There is no error in the console log. The VNC server is provided by iDRAC, which means I am unable to modify it.
Also I noticed that the screen resolution is not correctly set.

Ok interesting, thank you for some additional information! I’ll have a look at reproducing the issue with iDRAC myself.

VNC into Windows, the mouse cruiser doesn’t show by default. Turning on “Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen” workaround doesn’t always work.