False phishing flag

My site has been falsely flagged as PHISHING. I received an email from cloudflare, as follows:

Cloudflare received a phishing report regarding:

domain

Below is the report we received:

Reporter: Anonymous
Reported URLs:

domain

Logs or Evidence of Abuse: Hello. The site is a copy of another site, which misled me. I filled out registration form and my personal information got to scammers who stole money from a my bank card.

We have forwarded this complaint to your hosting provider. We have restricted access to the phishing-related content until it has been removed.

Regards,

Cloudflare Abuse

#########

1. I checked my site with my hosting provider and no malware nor suspicious script were found.
  2. I don’t even have a form. I don’t collect visitors information. Never had.
  3. I build my site from scratch. Is not a copy. Has been online for more than 4 years.

I’m not sure how this can happen, that someone makes a false report and then cloudflare flags a site just like that.
Not sure about what can be done: I’ve submited for a new review, checked with hosting provider, but in the meantime this message keeps appearing and is damaging my brand / online presence with no proper justification more than an anonymous report, that can easily be a competitor trying to damage me.

This is the ticket I sent: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/requests/2081815.
I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Hi @jimbliss16,

You should be able to reply to that email you received, I would expect it to go to [email protected]. Only the Trusy & Safety team can help you with this, I’m afraid the community cannot assist.

Hi domjh,

thanks a lot for this reply.

I just wonder how this can happen from an anonymous report with no real base. I understand that there’s other people who experienced the same issue… and I would like to state that this type of measures have terrible consequences for people like me using cloudflare and being flagged without sufficient proof.

I’m honestly shocked.

Further details may have been included with the report that you just cannot see for privacy reasons. Cloudflare are usually pretty good at identifying malicious sites and checking before adding their interstitial page. We can’t comment on your specific case though, and have no insight into the process.

If you reply to the Abuse team, they’re usually very quick at looking into any issues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.