False DMCA Complaint against my website and is taken down

Hi,

This is regarding the takedown notice b9c5e9d0ac5643dc, the website in no way mimics the website that has been mentioned in the original work, which is an online portal for train tickets in India. My website just gives information on when the tickets can be booked which is 60 days prior to the day of travel, all my site does is calculate today +60days, not really sure how can they file DMCA on a simple algebraic operation today + 60days. I am not using any logos or claim to be the been mentioned in the original work in the complaint.

The complaint doesn’t state any reason or violation as what caused the infringement.

What i don’t understand is how can my site be an infringement when they are totally different function?? Also there was question asked to me before getting blocked. Is this how it works?? Can anybody just go on internet and should down a site by filing a abuse, shouldn’t the party being complained on have a ground to explain??

Please help in reinstating the website.

Thanks

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

I’m sorry to hear about the DMCA complaint against your website. To address this issue, you should submit a counter-notice if you believe the takedown was in error. Follow these steps:

1. Gather evidence that shows your website does not infringe on the copyrighted material.
  2. Write a counter-notice including your contact information, identification of the material that was removed, and a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief the material was removed due to a mistake.
  3. Send the counter-notice to Cloudflare’s designated copyright agent, which can be found in their DMCA policy.

Remember to consult with a legal professional for assistance.

No one in the community will be able to provide any specific direct assistance. You will need to follow the directions that accompanied the complaint.

2 Likes

Thanks Epic, i will do that. Appreciate the help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.