Failing to add a custom domain to a pages app

wearerentiful.com points at rentiful-holding-2.pages.dev but is failing. It previously pointed at a worker and I switched to a pages app and now it’s broken.

When I try to add the custom domain using the tools, I get the following message “That domain is already associated with an existing project. Use a different domain or find the project already using this domain and remove it.”

I’ve removed the Worker that it was point at so nothing is using the domain, I’ve manually updated the DNS CNAME record but it’s still failing. Perhaps it’s a cache issue so maybe it will magically start working?

I’m scratching my head, the direct pages URL works but the custom domain failed with the Cloudflare Connection timed out message.

Help?!

Manually setting the CNAME won’t work. Try deleting the CNAME and then try re-adding the custom domain to the Pages project so the DNS entry gets added automatically.

When you deleted the Worker, did you first delete the custom domain from that? Maybe it’s still lingering? If you add it to the Pages project as a subdomain does it work?

Thank-you i40west. Adding a subdomain worked … landing.wearerentiful.com is working.

Sadly, both the naked domain and the www.wearerentiful.com still produce the same error message. “That domain is already associated with an existing project. Use a different domain or find the project already using this domain and remove it.”

I’ve checked every project and they are not linked so must be lingering. How do I get the lingerer to go away? Could Cloudflare help?

Yes, I’m told this will require manual intervention. I’m going to escalate this.

Thank-you. Much appreciated.

Any luck with the escalation? We have an investor pitch today and having the website offline isn’t a good look. I’d appreciate Cloudflare’s rapid assistance on this.

Yes, there is an internal ticket in the queue, but that’s all I know.

1 Like

Are you able to share the internal ticket number with me so I can escalate this? Many thanks.

Hi @jonathan57 I’ve created ticket #3279367 under your account to track this, our engineering team are actively looking into this for you.

Thank-you. I think I’ve tried everything available to me via the UX so I think it will require someone with a hammer and a monkey wrench to dig deep into the internal gubbins of the clouds. I appreciate the help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.