Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information of h-com.school at this time. (Code: 1110)

Hi Everyone!
I need to connect Kajabi page for the subdomain of existing website.
And I have an issue when i am trying to add new doamin, let me briefly describe it.
http://prntscr.com/lxhldh - can’t add this link in Cloudflare
http://prntscr.com/lxhlk6 - but I can add this link with same settings, these links have common WHM, ech has its own cPanel
both domain were purchased on godaddy and they have identic nameservers, and I said I can add that one from second screenshot, but not that I have on first screenshot (I receive such error “Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information of h-com.school at this time. (Code: 1110)”)

Would be great if someone has ideas what is wrong and can help me with that.

Your nameservers currently point to hosts which do not exist/ do not resolve. They need to point to valid NS records before they can be moved to Cloudflare.

How come so?

Not sure there is a specific underlying technical reason for it, but we do attempt to scan your existing DNS records as part of the zone add process and that will bomb out if there aren’t valid nameservers. I assume we treat that as a critical failure in the onboarding code path.

1 Like

But we can successfully register another domain with identic nameservers…this one http://prntscr.com/lxhlk6
I can make screenshot from Godaddy

dig h-com.school ns @8.8.8.8                                                                                                                                         

; <<>> DiG 9.12.3 <<>> h-com.school ns @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: **SERVFAIL**, id: 28201
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;h-com.school.			IN	NS

;; Query time: 149 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Thu Dec 20 12:49:16 CST 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 41

dig mhlinks.com ns @8.8.8.8                                                                                                                                          

; <<>> DiG 9.12.3 <<>> mhlinks.com ns @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: **NOERROR**, id: 38139
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mhlinks.com.			IN	NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mhlinks.com.		21599	IN	NS	ns1.herotowerbootcamp.com.
mhlinks.com.		21599	IN	NS	ns2.herotowerbootcamp.com.

;; Query time: 47 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Thu Dec 20 12:49:31 CST 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 94

Hm :face_with_raised_eyebrow: 1.1.1.1 actually returns the nameservers

So do the .school servers. DNS is fun stuff :smile:

and if I will write Cloudflare’s namerservers for.school domain will it work?

or I need just to change it on some domain that will have .com ?

csharff, can you please check my message above? will be thankfulll for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.