Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information of domainname

The issue:

I am trying to add my domain devgaur.ml to my Cloudflare account. However, whenever I try to add it, I get this error message: “Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information of devgaur.ml at this time. Please contact Cloudflare Support or try again later.”

Steps I followed for resolution:

1. Changed my DNS servers from those of Freenom to those of Netlify DNS. This didn’t work.
  2. Changed DNS servers to Cloudflare servers. This did not work as well.
  3. Meanwhile, I kept checking if there were any DNS propagation errors by using online tools, but did not find any errors in that. The domain was resolvable for all regions when DNS servers were from Freenom and Netlify.
  4. I followed the steps mentioned in this guide too: [ [Community Tip - Fixing Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information Code: 1110]. But it did not help.
  5. Tried to create tickets with Cloudflare support regarding this issue. But those got automatically closed because the domain is not associated with my Cloudflare account.

Some additional info: The domain was earlier associated with another Cloudflare account. But it was removed from that account about a month ago. So that doesn’t seem to be a problem too.

I would be glad if anyone suggests additional steps for overcoming this issue.

That domain is registered under a TLD which is governed by the Freenom registry. Freenom currently experiences issues with their Whois service which prevents such domains from being added to Cloudflare. Freenom needs to fix that on their side. Unfortunately there is no ETA known for that.

It probably is best to register a proper domain instead. They already go for less than $10 a year.

I have already successfully added 4 other domains registered from Freenom on Cloudflare. So, I don’t think that the domain being governed by the Freenom registry is the actual problem.

I don’t know what is the specific issue with this domain. Cloudflare works flawlessly with other domains registered from Freenom.

Here’s the critical bit from Sandro’s message:

(bold emphasis mine)

1 Like

You want to add a domain for now, not operate it, right? In that case → what I wrote before.

Plus, what @sdayman wrote, of course.