Failed to forwarding to GMAIL

Unknown error: transient error (421): 4.7.28 Gmail has detected an unusual rate of unsolicited mail originating4.7.28 from your DKIM domain [cloudflare-email.net 36]. To protect our4.7.28 users from spam, mail sent from your domain has been temporarily4.7.28 rate limited. For more information, go to4.7.28 Email sender guidelines - Google Workspace Admin Help to4.7.28 review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. l28-20020a05683004bc00b006e677039480si3088210otd.163 - gsmtp

How can I solve this problem? Can I solve it (self-deprecating)?? :sweat:

4 Likes

I am having the same issue, but intermittently.

Well, finally I have stopped email routing and then use a paid service to instead.

1 Like

Same issue here, it’s causing major issues for my workflow.

1 Like

+1 Same issues. Looks like someones spamming the ■■■■ out of gmail users via cloudflares servers

+1 I have the same problem

Please Cloudflare team! fix it

The service of forwarding mail have much problems a weeks ago

We are having an incident related to Email Routing here. Please kindly update the status at Cloudflare Status - Email Routing deliverability issues. Thank you!

1 Like

Can you give a bit more detailed what exactly you observed and how the fixes are looking like? That would give as a bit more trust.

I meet the same problem. Please fix it as soon as possible

This problem still persists. I designated cPanel instead of CF to forward my emails. If Google rejects it, the email can be viewed in cPanel. This is not the best option, but at least I can see my incoming emails.

Je rencontre exactement le même problème, c’est très embêtant !

I am also having this issue. I have the following SPF record.
v=spf1 include:_spf.mx.cloudflare.net ~all
And
_dmarc v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=…
It seems to happen if the original sender doesn’t have an active DMARC (though this may be coincidental).

Same problem here… loads of emails not getting forwarded:

The incident report claims that it a fix was implemented many days ago, and it is now “resolved”, but I had another email with the same problem only 10 mins ago.

EDIT and another couple of emails not forwarded 2 mins ago… please please fix this… and please update your incident page to show that it is not resolved.

6 Likes

Same here

Still having issues. Looking at logs the senders are retrying but still failing

SPF status

pass

DMARC status

pass

DKIM status

none

Rejected reason:

Unknown error: transient error (421): 4.7.28 Gmail has detected an unusual rate of unsolicited mail originating4.7.28 from your DKIM domain [cloudflare-email.net 36]. To protect our4.7.28 users from spam, mail sent from your domain has been temporarily4.7.28 rate limited. For more information, go to4.7.28 Email sender guidelines - Google Workspace Admin Help to4.7.28 review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. s17-20020a0cf791000000b0069b20ab8f26si1256665qvn.428 - gsmtp

1 Like

Im having too the same problem

1 Like

Adding a +1 here, and it’s Google’s OWN email.

With the deprecation of Google Domains, I need to move over email forward/routing. This is a big deal, and a big blocker for me.

1 Like

gave up gmail, using another provider. Good to go for now.

I hear what you’re saying, and I get it. This is going to be a problem with any and all third-party email routing/forwarding systems because the nature of spammers.

With that said, moving to another mailbox provider is easier said than done: I’ve used MS365, Zoho, and iCloud – three alternatives I know of to Google’s Suite, and I don’t like any of their web interfaces. On top of that this is a 20 year old account and Google has vast third-party integration and support.

It seems like the “only” solution would be to pay for Google Workspace and use their own MX routing. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Gmail has an imap importer too I guess.