Facebook crawler getting 403 captcha page but its not showing in my firewall page

I have the ray id: 4db957c8e9f8c510

is there anyway to know why and by what rules it got blocked and how to prevent it from happening? as i dont see it in the firewall events page(which until now I believed it would show all the requests who got the captcha page)

You can try getting more details with an API request. I copied the following curl command from Postman, I hope it works. Replace the {{variables}} with respective values.

curl -X GET \
  'https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/{{zone_id}}/security/events?ray_id={{ray_id}}' \
  -H 'Accept: */*' \
  -H 'Cache-Control: no-cache' \
  -H 'Connection: keep-alive' \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \
  -H 'Host: api.cloudflare.com' \
  -H 'X-Auth-Email: {{email}}' \
  -H 'X-Auth-Key: {{api_key}}' \
  -H 'cache-control: no-cache' \
1 Like

Thanks it worked, didnt know about it, I hope they will expose it in the dashboard,
it got challenged by some country rule I have
I white-listed their asn

1. Hope to see ray id search functinality in the dashboard
  2. seeing IP Access Rules logs events also
  3. whitelisted them as “known bots”?

It’s actually there, but the Firewall Events UI is not very reliable, as often it will not return an error when for some reason it can’t retrieve records. All you get is a “no results” kind of return, which is obviously ambivalent.

Firewall Events does includes events from IP Access Rules

Somehow Cloudflare did not include Facebook crawler (nor Twitter’s, GTMetrix and other popular tools) in their list of known bots. So any blanket firewall rule such as blocking by country should be edited to exclude the AS number of these crawlers if you make use of them, as well as of course the known bots list.

1 Like