We want to understand the different options we have to achieve CDN setup through Cloudflare for one of our clients. Here is the situation:
- Client already has a DNS server and cannot transfer such authority to cloudflare.
- They want to use Cloudflare as a CDN service for the www. subdomain only. The rest of subdomains will not be changed.
- As far as we are aware we have three options:
- As far as we understand in https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020348832 this is actually possible in the Business level at least, is that correct?
- What if we create a CNAME record in the client DNS to cloudflare for the www subdomain? This apparently was caught by Cloudflare security because of a change on host name probably, right?
- We also noted a CNAME flattening option. Is this similar to what we are trying to do?
Thanks in advance for any information,