Export, Import, and Print Cloudflare Data

Oh dear … looks as though this has languished for > 3 years. +1 from this user

1 Like

Back again! :slight_smile:

Hey Cloudflare, any progress on this?

It’s quite a shame you don’t listen to your paying clients. We could have used this feature two days ago.

It’s time to shop around and elevate this topic to your leadership team. Three years and counting. Crickets. Unbelievable.

Cheers!

2 Likes

For anyone else like me who finds this while looking for ways to grab KV data, I wrote a php script to grab all key value data from Cloudflare using their API (no sdks just plain old php). It is painfully slow because the Cloudflare API takes 500ms to respond even though each item I have stored is less than 1K in size. For a system that’s known for delivering content quick, the API sure is slow. If I owned Cloudflare, I’d make this slow too. Just saying.

Simply setup a Worker and use that API, it’s faster and it’s not rate-limited.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! Are you saying that I can create a worker to proxy API calls to get around rate-limiting? That sounds like it would go against their terms of service to defeat their rate-limiting like that. The end goal is to copy the data I’ve collected for analysis. And then delete the stuff I no longer need.

Absolutely not an issue. As they have different use cases. The difference is that the Worker’s KV implementation has a sort of caching layer on the POP, so it doesn’t go technically to the API.

It’s not immediately available everywhere (max 60s delay), but it’s non rate-limited (on reads, especially).

Note that it’s not calling the API from workers but using the KV namespace binding of Workers.

https://developers.cloudflare.com/workers/runtime-apis/kv

1 Like

Got it. This is a great solution to the problem I was having. Thank you.

[Edit] Using workers turned out to be only slightly faster because I still had to make a rest call to the worker from my computer. One KV at a time just sucks. When I tried batching 1000 at a time, the worker barfed. Can’t do much with 10ms of CPU. So there’s that…

So, I decided to stick with the direct API approach instead and let it run slowly in the background. I don’t have the time to hack Cloudflare. I just want the data.

This experience doesn’t make me want to recommend Cloudflare. All this fuss about no-sql storage benefits those that host the data… not developers.

2 Likes