Exclude subdomain from SSL/HTTPS?

Okay so I have been struggling with this for a bit and thought I would just go ask, as I can’t find any information online apart from the, not preferred, solution at the bottom of this post.

I’m trying to set up Dynmap for a Minecraft server but this “webserver” doesn’t support HTTPS as it’s not a full-blown web server (and thus no support for SSL certs apparently). Now I was wondering if there is a way to exclude one subdomain from my main domain from rewriting HTTPS and from enforcing SSL. I have tried page rules but I guess it just doesn’t work like I think it does.

I tried setting the following page rules for my subdomains HTTP address:

SSL: Off, Cache Level: Bypass, Automatic HTTPS Rewrites: Off

And I also tried:

SSL: Flexible, Cache Level: Bypass, Automatic HTTPS Rewrites: Off

Which I would believe removes my automatic rewrites and cache (since it is a live map) and would (depending on the above ones) either not enforce SSL or make it so only Cloudflare and the browser have a certificate and not my origin server (as that is Dynmap and that doesn’t support it)

If nothing comes up I can go and move all my server files to a dedicated server and running Apache or Nginx next to it but I thought maybe someone had any insights they could give me so I don’t have to mess around with that, and maybe help others that face the same problem in the future.

Thank you in advance for any reactions :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.