An excessive traffic is reaching my origin server from a specific IP 2a06:98c0:3600::103
The request rate is more than 10 requests per second continuously.
- The geo ip databases connects this particular IP with cloudflare network
- The user agent associated with all requests coming from this IP are claiming a Googlebot, as i looked the IP, it belongs to cloudflare so for sure this is a FAKE BOT “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)”
- I looked into the cloudflare dashboard to check if this IP has been challenged, or got identified as a fake bot, but it’s not the case, although the IP is sending more than 4 million requests per day with a fake bot agent.
- Why cloudflare firewall rules has not classified this particularly as a FAKE BOT, although i could see some FAKE BOT classification but not for this IP
- Does cloudflare offer any services to host applications?, thus someone within the cloudflare network is sending this excessive number of requests for a long period without being stopped or identified. I’m concerned if cloudflare protection isn’t really effective against internal network addresses such as this one.
I appreciate if you could please help me with details to about this IP, as it’s violating the terms of service, and it’s causing damages without being mitigated by cloudflare although i have an active subscription.