Every 2 days I got a connection error to the server (520)
Is it because I have the free pan?
I am facing a lot of embarrassment with my clients
Please help me understand the cause of the error
Cloudflare does never intentionally send errors or severly degrade traffic for non-paying customers.
It’s best to go through some troubleshooting steps such as the ones listed in the post below:
Thank you so much for your kind help
Error 520 is NOT a connection error, it is a web origin issue! (Look below for troubleshooting steps)
Error 520 occurs when the origin server returns an empty, unknown, or unexpected response to Cloudflare.
Contact your hosting provider or site administrator and request a review of your origin web server error logs for crashes and to check for these common causes:
- Origin web server application crashes
- Cloudflare IPs not allowed at your origin
- Headers exceeding 16 KB (typically due to too many cookies)
- An empty response from the origin web server that lacks an HTTP status code or response body
- Missing response headers or origin web server not returning proper HTTP error responses
520 errors are prevalent with certain PHP applications that crash the origin web server.
If 520 errors continue after contacting your hosting provider or site administrator, provide the following information to Cloudflare Support:
- Full URL(s) of the resource requested when the error occurred
- Cloudflare cf-ray from the 520 error message
- Output from http://www.example.com/cdn-cgi/trace (replace www.example.com with your hostname and domain where the 520 error occurred)
- Two HAR files:
- one with Cloudflare enabled on your website, and
- the other with Cloudflare temporarily disabled.
Due to the number of 520s being reported in similar circumstances, we are escalating the issue to Cloudflare Support. The original incident should have been resolved and your issue may well be unrelated.
We recommend checking these troubleshooting tips, if you haven’t already.
If you have been through these thoroughly and are not seeing corresponding issues on your network/server and you have a ticket number with Cloudflare, please reply and post that #.
To enable efficient troubleshooting by support, please ensure you include the following on the ticket:
- example URL(s) where you are seeing the error
- Ray IDs from the 520 pages
- output from a traceroute from any impacted user
- output of
example.comwith the affected domain.
- Also include two HAR file(s) : one detailing your request with Cloudflare enabled on your website and the other with Cloudflare temporarily disabled - see How do I temporarily deactivate Cloudflare ?
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.