Hello. I am hoping to get some insight on how to best use Cloudflare. We are currently running AWS and use about 1.2 TB of data transfer each month (pre-Cloudflare) across several domains. This traffic is spread across regular web traffic/HTTP and email traffic (POP/IMAP) - some domains are heavier users than others.
We put one domain on Cloudflare free plan and it looks like we reduced web traffic by about 175-200GB month over month for this site. It is a heavier user of data. We just put another handful of heavier users of domains on Cloudflare free plan (about 35%-40% of monthly usage). There could be a 3rd batch - the remainder of the domains (most small companies) that, in aggregate, makeup about 60% of the total usage.
I have a few questions I am hoping to get some insight on:
- How much savings can we expect if we put all of our domains on Cloudflare?
- Does Cloudflare help with reducing/optimizing email traffic for the POP/IMAP accounts we are running?
- What additional savings can we expect or look to if we were to activate the $20/month plan for each domain?
- Are there any services we can look at to get some help with optimizing usage?
- Should we be looking at any other benefits that could improve costs and performance?
We are pretty cost-driven being a small shop, so our primary motivation is looking to Cloudflare to reduce some usage costs.