Error when adding a custom domain with another DNS provider

I deployed a site on Cloudflare Pages and I want to set a custom domain using a DNS provider different from Cloudflare. I created a CNAME entry from workday.allo-media.net to allo-workday.pages.dev:

$ host workday.allo-media.net        
workday.allo-media.net is an alias for allo-workday.pages.dev.

But the Cloudflare Pages “Custom domain” tab for the project keeps saying:

Pages Inactive (Error)

And when I try to access the URL https://allo-workday.allo-media.net/ I get an Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP in Firefox.
This issue is preventing us from migrating to Cloudflare Pages, could you please help me with this?

Hey,

This is related the CAA records currently being provided, we are unable to provision the certificate. The easiest way to resolve this is for your domain to be on Cloudflare but if you wish to keep it on OVH then please add the following records to alllo-media.net (you may only need to add the digicert ones but good to add the rest for future proofing):

CAA 0 issue "comodoca.com"
CAA 0 issue "digicert.com"
CAA 0 issue "letsencrypt.org"
CAA 0 issuewild "comodoca.com"
CAA 0 issuewild "digicert.com"
CAA 0 issuewild "letsencrypt.org"
1 Like

Thanks for your answer, the custom domain is working now.
After adding the DNS entries to my provider, I had to remove the custom domain for the site in the Pages configuration and re-add it. The domain verification then succeeded in a few seconds.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.