Error: site stuck to old hosting

The address of my website leads to my old website hosting, creating an error 404. I have already disconnected my DNS (+48 hours ago) from de old hosting and pointed it to the new one, but It looks like my domain is still connected to the old one by Cloudflare. I tried by all means to solve it, but I couldn’t.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Bruno

Hard to help without any info…
What is the domain?
What was the last quarter of the old IP?
What is the last quarter of the new IP?
Is the IP proxied? If so, please check if your machine or router caches DNS agressively and with an own TTL.

domain: investbruno [dot] com [dot] br

What was the last quarter of the old IP? 142.0
What is the last quarter of the new IP? 111.8

Is the IP proxied? If so, please check if your machine or router caches DNS agressively and with an own TTL. - Sorry, idk this information or how to check what u suggested.

Ok, the domain is proxied, so I can not check anything. But that is ok, we can go from here.

Your domain investbruno.com.br is pointing to an origin which indeed triggers a 404 error.

For further help I would need some info from you.

What is the full new IP your domain should point to?
What is the full old IP your domain was pointing to?
What was the service (shopify etc) you used before?

Then I can run some tests and see if Cloudflare routes you wrong (unlikely) or anything else.

Fine, I can turn off the proxy If you prefer.

What is the full new IP your domain should point to? 177.55.111.8
What is the full old IP your domain was pointing to? 103.169.142.0
What was the service you used before? Canva (canva [dot com)

Thanks. There indeed is something weird happening. Would you mind unproxying :grey: the domain for now. Then check if it works again.

If unproxying really does the trick you should create a ticket so the devs can look into this. For me it seems to be related to: amazon web services - SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal error - Stack Overflow

Done. The proxy is off.

Do you mind explaining me how to open a ticket? I tried in Cloudflare’s platoform, but I led me into here.

Thanks.

Ok, so I don’t know about why this exactly happened. But the problems are:

1. no SSL Cert on your new server (please fix that)
  2. indeed when proxied, your domain was pointing to 103.169.142.0 (can’t confirm if Cloudflare’s fault or not)

Write a mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com and post the ticket here. Tomorrow I will check it and escalate it internally once I am here - or one of the other MVPs take over :slight_smile:

In the meantime, please install a valid SSL Cert on your new server before you proxy again. Your website needs to work properly and encrypted before adding it, if you later don’t want to run in any problems. And please don’t use Flexible SSL - just in case you do (likely).

Fine, I’ll write the e-mail. Thanks!

About de SSL question: It’s activated on Cloudflare’s platform, as I’ll send you the printscreen here. How could I fix that?

I sent the e-mail 2598404, but I received a automatic response telling me to write here in the community…

I have escalated your ticket. Please wait patiently, untill someone reaches out to you here in this tread.

thanks

Reading through this thread, it looks like this issue that we see fairly regularly:

There are a couple of options in there to get this resolved much faster than waiting for Support, including asking your old provider to remove their custom hostname for your domain or using a 3rd party tool to verify ownership of your domain and get the hostname removed that way, we’ve seen a lot of success here with that last option and it gets it sorted very quickly.

1 Like

Dropping here for future reference.

Email is not an option to create a ticket, it does not give the engineers the structured data and tests they need to help you. A properly submitted ticket does and are much easier to resolve as a result. Going forward, to contact the support team, please submit a support request from the email address you used to register your Cloudflare account.

You should open a ticket directly through the Cloudflare dashboard following these steps:

1. Log in to your Cloudflare account and click on “Support” in the top right corner, from the drop down select Help Center.
  2. Click on your name in the top right corner, and in the drop down menu select “My activities” where you will see your existing requests.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the “My Requests” page and click “Submit a request”. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

And, follow the #tutorial @domjh shared all the way to the Liberate the Hostname section.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.