Error: Secondary name server porter.ns.cloudflare.com has not been created

When I try to change my primary name server with dk-hostmaster.dk (the tld admin for .dk domains) to iris.ns.cloudflare.com I get an error saying that the secondary name server porter.ns.cloudflare.com has not been “created”. I have contacted dk-hostmaster and they have informed me that the server needs to be “created” by CloudFlare. How do I proceed from here?

Thanks in advance.

Same issue as Nameserver is not registered at dkhostmaster.

You best contact support at https://support.cloudflare.com/requests/new

1 Like

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :+1:

Hi Sandro,
Do you know if I can use another name server for my domain instead (such as banyan.ns.clouflare.com).
My ticket is not getting any traction, and I need to make some progress.

Thanks in advance.

I am afraid you can’t. Only the assigned nameservers can be used. What you could do is create another Cloudflare account and set up the domain there instead. That should give you a different pair of nameservers, however there is no guarantee they’ll be necessarily registered either.

Can you post the ticket number here for @cloonan?

1 Like

Yes, I was afraid that was the case. I’m not really interested in creating a new account, since I just paid my subscription for this account.

The ticket id is #1855773

Thanks sandro!

Alright, in that case a new account is not a very viable solution. As you’d need to purchase the subscription a second time and then apply for a refund and Cloudflare does guarantee that.

@cloonan, any way to speed 1855773 up?

1 Like

Lets tag @adspedia too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @sandro and sorry for the trouble @byskov. Let me look at the ticket and see what I can do.

2 Likes

@byskov this should be getting a response soon, our team is looking at it now. Please be on the look-out for a ticket response as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Thank you, much obliged! :smile:

1 Like