Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details

Hello everyone,
My primary IP address is changing permanently on January, 2022 by my hosting. For now both my IP, old and new is active. In cloudflare DNS records I changed my IP address from old to new. And now I am getting this error:
Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details.

In my A records proxy status is on and in Orange color.

Does this take some time to resolve/propagate?, How long? Is the above error is normal?

Hello,

You can check if a DNS record has propagated using this handy online tool: https://dnschecker.org/

However, this error is mostly due to a configuration error at your hosting providers end, for example cPanel.
The error might briefly appear if you just pointed your DNS and created a domain. But your website should correctly resolve with an index file once you have setup one.

Thanks for the reply.

Which configuration? Can I fix this?

My domain is created few years ago.

I read about round-robin DNS, if I add multiple A Records. Can this help me to avoid any downtime or error?
Because I don’t want long downtime of my website.
Thanks

You could add round-robin DNS which has both your old IP and new IP until the old one goes down.

To help with configuring your hosting, it may help if you contacted your hosting provider. It may also help if you shared the domain name, which would allow me to check if I can also reproduce your error.

I already contacted my hosting and they are saying it can take up to 8 hours to propagate from Cloudflare end. And they are also looking little confuse about this.

My domain is https://only4gamers.xyz/

My old IP: 209.99.16.245
New IP: 162.251.85.153

For now I am using old IP.

The website loads perfectly fine for me, I’m not sure there’s much I can do.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Domain .GA name not resolving in some countries (DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN)

Actually website is loading fine because I am currently using old IP, which have no problem, Problem is with new IP.
I just changed my IP to new IP and checked my website on dnschecker. And it’s showing all regions as resolved. But my website keep showing this error:
Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (17)

So, problem is not related to the DNS? and error is happening from somewhere else?

Hello,
Is anyone know solution of this problem? Because I am still facing this problem.

Resolved how? To Cloudflare’s proxy IP address?

Does it work if you Edit the DNS entry so it’s :grey: DNS Only? (give that five minutes to propagate)

Here is the screenshot:

Sorry I am not very familiar with DNS. I also tried with Proxy Status disabled :grey: but same result

I want to know about this error:
Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (29)

Is this error appear during changing IP address?

As others have noted, it’s loading for us when proxied by Cloudflare.

Take a look at your browser’s Dev Tools (F12 in chrome) under the network tab. In there, click on the URL of your page to open the details and see if it’s connecting to the IP address you see at DNSChecker.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.