Error message that MX record is not proxied

I am new to Cloudflare, I have just added my site and get the following warning:-

Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP.

The problem seems to be the MX server since it has a red info triangle next to it. The proxy status shows as DNS only whereas all other records show the red Cloudflare symbol and Proxied. I have tried clicking on edit but can see no way of changing setting to proxied via Cloudflare.

Thanks

This is still in my clipboard because someone else just asked the same question:

2 Likes

OK, I have read the article which I find a bit confusing since it seems to say Mail records cannot be proxied, but then says click to toggle between grey cloud and orange cloud but I don’t have a cloud just the comment ‘DNS only’ so I am not really sure what to do here

Hi @speak-easy,

Sorry you didn’t find the post helpful, I have tried to cover a lot of different possibilities in there rather than just one specific situation.

The key bit for you is:

You cannot proxy the record otherwise your emails wouldn’t work, that’s why you don’t see the option. I will look at how we can make that clearer in the Tutorial post.

1 Like

OK thanks, so basically I can do nothing to correct or remove the warning, yes?

Unless you move to an external mail provider, there is nothing you can do, correct.

1 Like

Thanks to all, thats all I need to know really, if I cant change it, then I cant, I just wanted to make sure I had set things up correctly - thanks guys

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.