Error Message 523

Warning: I am not that computer savvy.

I am getting an error message 523 on my Bluehost. The error message reads “Check your DNS Settings. A 523 error means that Cloudflare could not reach your host web server. The most common cause is that your DNS settings are incorrect. Please contact your hosting provider to confirm your origin IP and then make sure the correct IP is listed for your A record in your Cloudflare DNS Settings page.”

Yesterday (June 6, 2023) I made sure that all of my DNS records matched on both Bluehost and Cloudflare. I’ve waited 24 hours for everything to propagate and today (June 7, 2023) I am still getting error message 523

Any advice will help. Please try to dumb things down for me as I’m not computer savvy. Thank You.

Sorry, as a new user I can not upload multiple images for someone to look at.

What is your domain?

And did you check that your website is actually working?

brittanycreviston.com

My website is not working.

Was that domain working before you created your original post or is it new?

Anyway, I cannot see the 523 error that you mentioned in your original post. Instead, I see a 404 error, which would mean that requests reach your webserver but it doesn’t know how to respond.

This is often the case if you haven’t configured your domain on your webserver.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.