Error in setting up CNAME record to connect AWEBER

While adding CNAME record to connect with AWEBER, clourflare is showing error as “An A, AAAA, or CNAME record with that host already exists. (Code: 81053)”. How to resolve this error? I need to add CNAME record with host “www” to point it to AWEBER specified link.

Please help me out.

Well, as the message says, you’ll already have a “www” record and will need to remove that first before configuring the new one.

I wish i could be so easy, but to my bad, there is nothing such listed in Cloudflare to delete first. Here is the snapshot for quick reference. Please help me out with the solution, if there is any.

I am afraid it is impossible to say anything with the screenshot you posted. Post the unredacted version of it.

Here is the same.

See there is no listing of CNAME records. I think it should not show errors if there is no CNAME record at all. isn’t it?

I did not say there’s a CNAME record.

Yes, there is, but its record type is AAAA. Do I need to delete that in order to add CNAME record with host www?

I believe I already made that clear, didn’t I? :wink:

Yupp, you very well… I just wanted to confirm it once again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
btw, many thank to you. You resolve it real quick. :upside_down_face:

Sure, no worries, it’s just really what I already wrote in the first response :slight_smile:

You have a “www” record already, CNAME records want to be on their own, hence you have to remove anything “www” related before you set up a new record. That’s it.

Bro :metal:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.