Error due to a 502 Bad gateway

Hello,

I don’t know if the issue is domain related, it is not my website. I am trying to help my piano teacher, she doesn’t know anything about computers, and her website is down with a 502 Bad Gateway error. I don’t know how I can help her. But you can check the error at www.courspianosalon.fr
The website has been made in 2016 by someone who stopped its activities in 2021 and it is impossible to find a way to contact him. It is down since a few weeks/months. We don’t know who to contact.

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Julien

No replies yet, is it because I didn’t post in the right section? I am not sure, first time I use the forum. I see her on monday, if you have any ideas to help here…

Thank you

This will be a host issue. Pause Cloudflare and contact your host to get the site working again

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. The problem is : she doesn’t know who the host is and I don’t know either. I also don’t know where I can ask for help to just know how the host is, and how to contact them.
Also, this is a new account just to post here, because I don’t think my piano teacher has any account here, or the developer who did her website (which ended business) gave her accounts login to log into cloudflare. So she can’t even “Pause Cloudflare” as there is no way to log into her account.

If you don’t have access to the Cloudflare account you could try https://dash.cloudflare.com/forgot-email but if you do not have access to that address either, you can only set up the domain on a new Cloudflare account or point the nameservers back to the original host.

But nobody here can tell you who the host is, only she can know whom she is paying. Maybe check invoices. Or try to get hold of the original developer.

1 Like

The original developer is impossible to reach unfortunately. So tomorrow, I will try with her the forgot-email strategy, and i will let her check her email adresses. She might have an answer if the original developer didn’t set up his own email adress. Let’s hope. Thank you for your time, have a good day !

The domain was registered on 4 November 2023 (so very recently) which aligns with the Cloudflare SSL certificate issuance so someone pointed the Cloudflare DNS at hosting at that time.
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?822eed0dc6c34066a21c989dd775bdc2#whois

[add] The Internet Archive does have history back to 2016, maybe the domain expired and someone else bought it…
https://web.archive.org/web/20240000000000*/courspianosalon.fr

That all may be but is certainly speculation. Only the owner can comment on which payments and which registrations were made. At this point this is something for the owner to clarify with the host or the hired developer. Cloudflare is not involved here as Cloudflare neither hosts the site nor manages the registration.

It was a piano school, Google now shows a ton of subdomains which appear to redirect to others, typical of an exploit farm (I clicked one in a sandbox, so confirmed)…

That’s because there is a DNS wildcard. Right now none of that loads anyhow, or rather only issues redirects.

But as mentioned, this is something that should be discussed with the developer or whomever maintains the site. Cloudflare is neither involved in the hosting nor in the domain registration and not even in the account, should someone else have registered that.

The domain owner first needs to clarify if there is even domain access. If the original owner does not own the domain any more, that would be a legal topic.

Thanks for clarification.

Please do not post with different user accounts.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.