Error detecting token for custom error pages

I’m trying to create custom error pages, but the system keeps rejecting them saying I don’t have the token required for the error on the page, and I definitely do. Unless I’m putting it in the wrong place? I assume it would be in the body. It’s a simple page I assume. It’s not a pretty error page, but I’m trying to get something working at this point, and then make it look nicer.

Example for the 500 page:
http://green-building-supply.myshopify.com/pages/500-error

I set it to the above URL, and it gives me a red error ribbon at the bottom saying the token’s not present… UGH.

You not only have the tag in the body but also in two meta tags. I am not properly familiar with how Cloudflare substitutes the token but I could imagine it being present more than once could be an issue. Try removing it from the meta tags and check if that fixes the issue.

hrm. on this service, I do not have control of the meta tags for this page…

Where does it get the content for the meta tags from?

No idea. I know I didn’t put any in there. just the text. in the body. Must be auto-generated by text in body? sigh

True, it does seem as if they copy the body text into the tags. Well, I guess I’d contact Cloudflare’s support at this point. They should be able to clarify if that is the issue or not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.