Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

Hi,
I have setup a subdomain on my webhost its (You can visit to see the error I’m getting live):
https://www.thedavincikid.icodetheweb.com

I have pointed www.thedavincikid and thedavincikid to the correct IP address of my webhost, and on cloudflare under crypto setting I have set SSL to full (strict). It’s been quite a long time, and as you can see, I still can’t see the subdomain come live and I’m getting the following error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.thedavincikid.icodetheweb.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

My webhost recommended to “DISABLE UNIVERSAL SSL” and re-enable it back, did that, and still doesn’t work. I truly need help fixing this problem ASAP please !!

Hi @moenagy16,

The Cloudflare universal certificates cover example.com and *.example.com.
This means that it covers any subdomain one level above the domain you signed up with. It will cover www.example.com and subdomain.example.com, as these are one level above the root domain, example.com. The certificate will not cover www.subdomain.example.com or a.b.example.com, however, as these subdomains are too deep.

You can read more about this and the solutions in this community tutorial.

The error “SSL ERROR NO CYPHER OVERLAP" in Mozilla prevents access to the site because it detects an issue with creating a valid connection to your site. This may be a temporary issue, and should resolve itself within 24 hours. If not, grey-cloud/deactivate Cloudflare so that the website uses the origin’s SSL certificate, see How do I temporarily deactivate Cloudflare? Activate Cloudflare again in 24 hours and try to access your website to see if the SSL certificate has been successfully deployed.

Other successful troubleshooting suggestions can be found in this Community Tip. Let us know if you continue to see issues after trying these tips, we’re happy to help further.

:+1: thanx

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.