Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP - 48 hours or more

Hello team,

I set up my site on the weekend and set the SSL to “full”. Sadly, nothing was happening, I just got that error when entering my site. So I waited and waited.

Universal SSL Status says Authorizing Certificate, but has been saying this for 48 hours. What could have gone wrong to make it take so long? Is there anything I can or should do to decrease this time and get my site working?

So I am reading the troubleshooting guide for this error:

"The three most common issues for this error are:

1. Your SSL hasn’t been verified by our SSL vendors yet. The verification process generally takes 10 minutes during business hours for our paid SSL certificates, or up to 24 hours when ordering a free Universal SSL certificate.

2. Something has gone wrong with the issuance of the SSL cert, or our vendors have put an additional security check in place before issuing the certificate.

3. Your DNS Records on the Cloudflare dashboard are ‘grey-clouded’ and you are bypassing our proxy. For Cloudflare to present our certificates you need to be passing through an ‘orange-clouded’ DNS record.

4. Cloudflare SSL only applies up to first level subdomains. For example, you might not be seeing any errors on the root domain (yoursite.com) and www (www.yoursite.com) over https://, but get errors on second level subdomains (test.www.yoursite.com). This can be fixed with a Cloudflare Dedicated Certificate with Custom Hostnames.

For example:

blog.yourdomain.com would be fine (one level)
travel.blog.yourdomain.com would not work (two levels)"

1: This is true, but 48 hours?

2: I am unsure how to check if this has occurred or not. Where would I check if there is some extra security check?

3: There’s nothing greyed out. So I am unsure if I am looking at the wrong place or everything here is fine.

4: Doesn’t apply to this situation, I am looking for the front page as that is all that is loaded.

Yep, it’s stuck. Here are some instructions:

And you’re correct about the sub-subdomain. Travel.blog.example.com isn’t covered by @.example.com. You would need to pay for the Dedicated SSL With Custom Hostnames ($10/month).

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.