Error After Migrating From GoDaddy SSL Cert To Cloudflare Flexible SSL

Answers To Webform Questions Are At The Bottom

Describe the issue you are having:
My website (https://510jazz.com) is hosted at GoDaddy using GoDaddy-managed WordPress with a GoDaddy SSL certificate.  I am not going to renew that cert when it expires on 2-8-23.

Yesterday I followed the steps to setup a Free Cloudflare account for the Flexible SSL service, for my website 510jazz.com.

I gave it 24-hours to replicate through - and came back to it today, and when I looked at website, I see this error...
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I conducted a Google Search and found this Cloudflare Community discussion which helped  COULD NOT POST LINK - SORRY
...Where the cloudflare "SSL/TLS" page's "Full" setting got my website and WordPress admin panel working again.

Then I installed the Cloudflare Flexible SSL plugin in WordPress.  Then I followed all instructions in this Cloudflare support doc COULD NOT POST LINK - SORRY

Then I went back to the cloudflare "SSL/TLS" page and selected "Flexible", and then checked my website and WordPress Admin panel and found both were failing, showing this error again...
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

So for now, I will leave the cloudflare "SSL/TLS" page set to "Full", so that I can keep my website up.

I am wondering if the reason for this, is that my GoDaddy SSL cert doesn't expire until 2-8-23 (3 days from now).

Do you think that when my GoDaddy SSL cert expires, that I can go back to the Cloudflare "SSL/TLS" page and select "Full", and then my website and WordPress Admin panel will work correctly?

Do you have any other suggestions that might fix this issue?

Thank You For Your Help

Question: What is **the domain name
Answer: 510jazz.com

Question: Have you searched for an answer
Answer: Yes

Question: Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare

Question: When you tested your domain using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center
Answer: No.  When I go to this page, I don't see a tester tool where I can enter my website URL and it will scan my website.  Probably my bad - but I don't see it.

Question: Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

You should never use Flexible. It is inherently insecure. Only Full (Strict) offers sufficient security. You may be able to use a Cloudflare Origin CA certificate to replace your GoDaddy certificate. This will show you to keep the connection between Cloudflare and your origin site secure.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.