Error 81053 - But I do not have A, AAAA records

Hi, I read the community posts about this error and how I have to delete any other A, AAAA, CNAME etc.

But I do not see any on the list. Does it mean I have these records maybe on another host?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

What hostname are you trying to add?

Hi. cincodeditos.teachable.com

I am following instructions from Teachable to redirect cincodeditos.es to my teachable account.

That’s the CNAME target. What hostname are you entering? A @ should work, as that’s the same as your domain name.

Also note that your domain is using Bluehost DNS, so your Cloudflare DNS settings are not being used.

This is what I am trying to do:

If I understand you correctly. I need to delete the bluehost hosting and then Cloudflare will work correctly.

As the error message says, you really do already have a ‘www’ record.

Don’t do anything at Bluehost. You need to update your name servers at your registrar. Your DNS page here will tell you which two name servers to use if you scroll down to the bottom of your DNS list.

Thank you so much for quick and kind assistance. Not sure what to do next. I updated my name servers at Go Daddy.

This is what GoDaddy says:

I see it was last updated today. Name server changes can take up to 48 hours to take effect.

OK. So I wait and try again in a few hours. Thanks

1 Like