I’ve read the previous posts on the topic and didn’t quite find a solution so I thought, I’d try asking about it again.
I’m getting the error 526 when the SSL encryption mode is set to “Full (strict)”. The problem is solved when I switch it to “Full” but I’d much more prefer it to run on the strict mode.
I’ve contacted my hosting provider, they checked if:
- Certificate is not expired
- Certificate is not revoked
- Certificate is signed by a Certificate Authority (not self-signed)
- The requested domain name and hostname are in the certificate’s Common Name or Subject Alternative Name
- Your origin web server accepts connections over port SSL port 443
After doing so they claimed that everything is working fine on their end and that I should reach out to CloudFlare.
So here I am. Asking politely, what can I do, to have the website run on Full (strict) mode and not experience any errors. Is it the matter of upgrading the SSL type to dedicated? Or maybe you could instruct me how to install an SSL on your servers.
Thanks for your time & help. Regards.