I have a problem, when I change my site’s DNS to Cloudflare DNS, I get an Error 525 SSL handshake failed, the host and server have no problem. Without Cloudflare, my site opens without any problems.
Thank you for asking.
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with Error 525 for your domain name.
Regarding Cloudflare 525 error, may I suggest you to try looking into below articles to troubleshoot the issue:
Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
Is SSL port 443 open and does your web server and apps listen and work over them (or some other supported and compatible with Cloudflare proxy from the list on the link below)?:
Kindly, may I ask you to check the URL address bar in your Web browser when, does it open over HTTPS or HTTP?
You could determine this by:
- Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
- The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
- Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS without any error
- Check with your hosting provider / cPanel AutoSSL / Let’s Encrypt / Certbot / ACME and renew it
- Only then, when your website responds over HTTPS, you should un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).
May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?
Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:
In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare CA Origin Certificate:
Last but not least, kindly have a look here for more information regarding correct SSL settings at the SSL/TLS tab on Cloudflare dashboard:
Furthermore, do not skip below step and kindly re-check if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host (might be some firewall or something blocking) to as follows in the below article:
Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.