Error 525 SSL handshake failed problem

Hello i have problem with

Error 525 SSL handshake failed

What i can doo?

site is https://www.forexsrovnavac.cz/

Your server is not properly configured to serve your site on SSL. It does listen on port 443, however it expects plain HTTP requests on that port and not an SSL connection. You’ll need to fix that bit in your server configuration and properly enable SSL along with a certificate.

But i have webhosting, not server

Well, there still is a server behind that, naturally. If you do not maintain that server it will be your host and you will need to contact them to get that sorted. Your server’s IP address ends in 236, right?

I dont know what i can say them on support?

They need to configure your site so that it properly works on HTTPS.

I have Let’s Encrypt its posible to have DNS cloudflare with this certificate? Cause if i have DNS cloudflare that hosting.

Make a problem adding to Lets Encrypt Certificate:
www.forexsrovnavac.cz - domain is not directed to this webhosting
forexsrovnavac.cz - domain is not directed to this webhosting

LetsEncrypt is a good start, but that is currently not configured. Instead of responding via SSL it expects a plain HTTP request on the HTTPS port. That is something only your host can fix.

They told me that i cannot use LetsEncrypt, i need my own certificate, they cannot
settings LetsEncrypt when i have cloudflare DNS

LetsEncrypt would be your own certificate. I am not sure what they were exactly trying to say. Also, the issue is not only certificate related but the server is misconfigured and responds with HTTP on an HTTPS port.

Anyhow, if they - for whichever reason - cant configure a LetsEncrypt certificate, you could have a Cloudflare origin certificate issued and forward that to them (though, the private key via email? :fearful:).

Long story short, they should simply make sure your site is reachable via a valid certificate. You pay them for hosting right? So that would be their job.

misconfigured and responds with HTTP on an HTTPS port.

Yes cause Let’s Encrypt dont working, cause i have CF DNS

LetsEncrypt would be your own certificate

How??

Anyhow, if they - for whichever reason

Cause they said i must have their DNS

In that case you have three options

1. You get an origin certificate from Cloudflare and hope they can configure at least that one.
  2. You forgo HTTPS and keep your site on HTTP.
  3. Probably the best option, you switch host and choose a more competent one instead.
  1. You get an origin certificate from Cloudflare and hope they can configure at least that one.

Yes, but this will cost more money 10/month for one web

(https://i.imgur.com/k8mynxr.png)

An origin certificate is free.

But i need https://i.imgur.com/Ux0CFlI.png

i cannot used it on this webhosting, i dont have this keys with this origin certificate and i have subdomain too

You do have these keys. Please have an actual look at origin certificates before we continue the discussion.

You do have these keys.

And where i found them??

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.