Error 525 SSL Handshake Fail

Signed up today with Cloudflare for frenchcaribbean.com but am receiving Error 525 - SSL Handshake Fail message. I’ve contacted the host (IONOS 1&1) and asked them to check all the possible troubleshooting causes listed by Cloudflare… They did and said I needed to contact Cloudflare to get this resolved. Please let me know how to proceed. If I can’t fix this, I’ll have to switch my domains DNS settings back to 1&1 Ionos. Thanks.

Was your site working with HTTPS before you moved it to Cloudflare?

You can try changing your SSL/TLS setting to Full (not strict). But the 525 means there’s not a valid SSL/TLS certificate for your hostname on that server. Full (not strict) will work around this, but it’s not the best setting for security.

Thanks for your note. It was working well for many years with HTTP. I signed on with Cloudflare to get to HTTPS and changed my DNS settings from 1&1 IONOS to Cloudflare (as requested by Cloudflare). My SSL/TLS encryption mode setting is already Full (not strict).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.