Error 525/SSL Handsake

Hello,

This error appeared yesterday. I have been with Cloudflare for under a year, my host is IONOS same time.
IONOS said ‘We are able to point the domain to CloudFlares Name Servers. In order to connect back domain to IONOS for web hosting, point the domain to this IP address 217.160.0.7 from CloudFlares end.’
This was however already inputed, when I told IONOS this they said I had to change the nameservers to IONOS ones, alas I do not know how to do that.

Thank you for your time

-emma

What’s the domain?

Yeah that would be helpful wouldn’t it…

https://ebaileyphotography.co.uk/

Unsurprisingly, there’s an SSL error at your server. Go to the Overview section of the Cloudflare dashboard and click “Pause Cloudflare on Site” in the lower right corner, then wait 5 minutes.

That will restore the direct connection to your server so IONOS can troubleshoot this.

1 Like

Have I been fobbed off by IONOS?

I’ve misplaced my English to American translation book, but it sounds like IONOS isn’t being helpful.

If you do the Pause Cloudflare option, they should see proper DNS entries that correspond to their server. That should be enough for them to figure out what’s wrong. The name servers won’t matter, but it sounds like you’ve satisfied their IP address requirement. Pausing Cloudflare will prove this. But wait five minutes for the Pause to take effect before you ask them to check.

Fabulous thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.