Error 523 Origin is unreachable for Cloudflare Pages

Error 523 Origin is unreachable.

Who hosts your website? You need to contact them.

Per Hosting Checker, Cloudflare hosts my site. I am using Cloudflare pages.

Ok, can you join the official Discord so I can go through some debugging steps with you? The invite is: Cloudflare Workers

If you’d rather do it over the forums, can you please provide the following info:

• Does the pages.dev URL work?
  • Have you setup a custom domain?
  • If you have a custom domain, can you check that your CNAME is pointing to your pages.dev URL
2 Likes

Invalid invite indicates a ban (if you’re on a VPN that IP may be banned)

It should work fine… even with Freenom issues it should not affect this. I would need your pages.dev URL to forward in order to get this looked into.
(Also note it’s the weekend so the team wont be able to look into it until Monday. There’s a good chance it’ll just fix itself with time)

Have you tried to delete and re-create the project. Something seems stuck somewhere. I don’t have ticket access (I’m just a community member) but I’ll pass this along to the team

I have passed all the ticket IDs along to the team.

This has been sent directly to the team. I always followup with them to make sure things are resolved (and they always are)

It’s harder since you cannot join the Discord (if you send your username, I can look to see if you are banned and why). Usually, the team will DM you there and work with you easily.

Non-MVPs cannot seem to PM on this forum sadly, it’s why I prefer Discord. Maybe if an MVP sees this, they can get your PM and pass it along.

Issues like this are not good, the team does want these resolved (especially in cases like this). So, trust me, on Monday they will look into it.

Private Messages are like email. They’re just between two users. Other than the ticket #s already posted, that’s about all you can do, short of the OP working out their Discord ban.

Yeah yeah, I know what PMs are. Was just hoping maybe an MVP could send one to him since we cannot send as non-MVPs (and I believe MVPs can).

Either way, it’s all good. The user got the Discord sorted and details are with the right people now.

Are you getting nxdomain errors? Are they happening on only domains with European registrars? If you can share the names of domains that are working versus those that are not working that would be helpful. If it is just European domains causing an issue it is probably because certain European registrars have a different nameserver registration process and require responsive nameservers prior to allowing the change. For the domains that are not working, can you find the Nameservers confirmed verification in your Audit Log?

Per MX Toolbox

Your DNS hosting provider is “Cloudflare”

Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to post a website or web page onto the Internet. A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed in the Internet. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers. When Internet users want to view your website, all they need to do is type your website address or domain into their browser. Their computer will then connect to your server and your webpages will be delivered to them through the browser.

Per Cloudflare - Error 1016 - Origin DNS error

You’ve requested a page on a website (example.com) that is on the Cloudflare network.

If you are using Cloudflare Pages then it actually is

1 Like

Yes but only if it’s a Cloudflare page or worker!

1 Like

Cloudflare Pages is a JAMstack platform for frontend developers to collaborate and deploy websites.

1 Like

Ok, I wasn’t paying attention to the title of the post that’s why I got confused!

2 Likes

As mentioned 5 days ago

new2cloudflare

5d

Per Hosting Checker, Cloudflare hosts my site. I am using Cloudflare pages.

1 Like

As mentioned in the first post

new2cloudflare

5d

I have been waiting for around six months for Cloudflare Support to resolve this issue.

A 523 error means that Cloudflare could not reach your host web server.

My issue is that I am receiving a 523 errror.

“Priority is given to Enterprise, Business and Pro customers, in that order.” What type of plan do you have?