Error 523 - need help

my website says error 523. My main host is Godaddy but I have the server configured with Cloudflare. From Godaddy they told me that they cannot solve the problem, only Cloudflare can. Someone could help me? I’ve been reading other articles but I can’t find a solution
I didn’t modify anything of my DNS configuration

Thanks

3 Likes

Use the Pause Cloudflare on Site from the Overview page. It takes 5 minutes to take effect. Then see if your site works with HTTPS.

2 Likes

it didn’t work, any other possible solution?

1 Like

It seems that now the problem is solved. Thank you very much for the help!!

1 Like

After about 20 minutes, the error reappeared. Now 522 appears. Godaddy tells me they can’t do anything, any suggestions?

2 Likes

You Paused Cloudflare and it still didn’t work? And then it did?

What’s the domain? Is it still paused?

1 Like

the domain is atlantiscorpservices.com

1 hour ago, I paused it, waited 5 minutes, and turned it on again. It ran for about 20 minutes and then it fell off again. Now I paused it again

1 Like

It’s not working with HTTPS at GoDaddy. That’s the problem. Configure it for HTTPS at the host and it should work fine.

1 Like

I have the same issue, how can I configure it for HTTPS?

1 Like

I install cloudflare for free in order to obtain the https security certificate on my site. How do I do it from godaddy? you mean buy it?

1 Like

You need to get your host to allow it. Considering that browsers now warn visitors of HTTP sites that they are Not Secure, hosts need to offer hosting that doesn’t scare away visitors.

If your host will let you install your own certificate, you can use a Cloudflare Origin cert:

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem.

• I already check if I have the same host IP and it’s ok.
  • I contacted GoDaddy and they told me the same as gusi.beat
  • Pausing the service didn’t work either.
  • Everything worked fine, today it was damaged.
  • Going back to the original GoDaddy DNS helps but remove the SSL and go back to http.
  • I checked the status of Cloudflare and it was maintained yesterday, maybe that’s the reason. But I don’t know when I can have my service back, I need urgent help.
1 Like

You mean that you don’t have SSL enabled at GoDaddy?

1 Like

No, I use a free SSL from cloudflare. I deactivate ssl and is still not working. Same error 523.

1 Like

Then yes, that is the same problem. With the same solution: Configure SSL at GoDaddy.

1 Like

Hey have you checked if maybe the problem is in the configuration of dns servers in cloudflare. Maybe you changed some or haven’t added others

I had this same problem. There generally is an underlying page issue you need to address. Take a look at your site activity to see if it’s accelerating in terms of data volumes. I have GoDaddy and I had a 523 because it turned out a REST API call in one of my pages was failing and was firing continually to connect to the source server. You can see this if you do an Inspect on your page (Chrome, on page right click>Inspect) and you’ll see the error count going up on the right side. You should also see some form of error message where the connection is failing (or whatever is being attempted that is repeating itself). This is not a GoDaddy issue but it will eventually crash the server if the volume of errors continues. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is not a viable solution, since the Cloudflare Origin CA cert page you link to states

Cloudflare Origin CA certificate to encrypt traffic between Cloudflare and your origin web server

The Origin cert that you can generate on CF and install on your server is issued to CF, not by the origin domain, and will still throw a “This site is insecure” error in browsers that care.

Again, from the linked page:

To ensure greater convenience, security, and performance, Cloudflare recommends an Origin CA certificate over a self-signed certificate or a certificate purchased from a Certificate Authority. With an Origin CA certificate, you can use Full and Full(strict) SSL/TLS encryption mode in the Cloudflare SSL/TLS app without first purchasing a certificate from a Certificate Authority to install at your origin web server.

And a warning note:

I don’t know why you don’t think it’s viable. Your server needs to have SSL for your domain. You’re posting in a Cloudflare forum for a site that’s proxied by Cloudflare. The Origin CA cert is for sites proxied by Cloudflare. If that site is not proxied by Cloudflare, then Cloudflare has nothing to do with SSL for that site.

Hey bud, could you contact me at [email protected]

I have a similar issue to this. Am more than willing to pay for your time to help here
Thanks