My website suddenly stopped working - error message 522. I used Cloudflare with AWS as my host. Can anyone help?
Thank you for asking.
Did you get this error on a naked-domain or a sub-domain?
Regarding Cloudflare 522 error, may I ask which suggestions from below article for have you tried for further troubleshooting?
Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection with a valid SSL certificate?
Kindly, before doing anything at Cloudfalre settings, you could determine if you have a valid SSL certificate installed at the origin host/server by your web hosting provider or your own VPS/dedicated server following the steps from below:
- Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
- The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
- Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
- Check with your hosting provider / cPanel AutoSSL / ACME.sh / Certbot / Let’s Encrypt or some other and renew it accordingly.
- Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).
May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?
Furthermore, do not skip below step and kindly re-check if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host to as follows in the below article as something might be blocked or restricted at the AWS Firewall?
Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.